Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book post


Hello!!!

Sorry about last week, I didn't had an inch of inspiration. This week I am still a little blocked, but at least I have a topic: BOOKS!

My parents read in bed before sleeping every single night so I acquired that same routine. I’m a slow reader but I think I have read quite a lot. I like novels, am not fond of real stuff, like self-help or history (this one I’m a little ashamed of). In the fictional side I like almost everything.

In the mystery/murder/detective kind I have a blur in my head, sometimes I see my book shelf and I don’t know if I have read one of those, once I was finishing one of these books and 5 pages left to the end I realize that I knew the ending, I cursed my self because of my bad memory and for all the time I have wasted, like I told before am a slow reader. Since then I read the summary of the book like a thousand times to be sure and I try to separate the ones I'm sure I haven't read from the ones I have, the last one I read was The Tunnel, I think, LOL. The only mystery/murder/detective novels that I can surely distinct are the Agatha Christie ones, Murder in Mesopotamia and And Then There Were None (Ten Little Indians) are my favorites.

Then the classics, in this category I am a total chick, I love Little Women, Gone with the wind and Sense and Sensibility, and novel that I loooove that is girly but not a classic is Memoirs of a Geisha, great novel, I didn’t watch the movie, and I think I never will.

Horror!! Stephen King and Anne Rice. Stephen King we all know, many of his books have movies like Carrie, The Green Mile, Pet Sematary, Misery, The Shining, Cujo, Dreamcatcher (worst book and movie EVER!!!) and many many others, but these I have read. Anne Rice I think the only famous movie is Interview with the Vampire, I have read Merrick and Exit to Eden, this last book has explicit S&M moments, and some friends borrow it and they couldn’t read it, they skipped those moments that lasted pages and pages LOL, so a 300 page book became like a 100 page book for them.

Tolkien, Lewis, Rowling…
Fantasy, adventure, honor, friendship and a lot of books. Well I have to admit I haven’t finished the Narnia series. I prefer The Hobbit than the LOTR series, and the Goblet of Fire is my favorite HP book and I think that’s why it’s the movie I like the less (well I haven’t seen the last one yet).

Now I’m reading The Hunger Games, it was a gift (thanks again to you know who you are ;-)) and I really like it, I hope that the whole three books are as good as the few chapters I have read.

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Almost ending "HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban"... great book, indeed!
    Lots of thanks for lending me your books. They're awesome. Sorry for not having anything you could find interesting... Maybe something of Discworld for light lecture.

    ReplyDelete