Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holidays!!!!!


Greetings!!!!

So is Christmas week. The holidays this year suck, there should be a universal law that sets that always the 24th and 31st of December are on Thursdays, it would be great I think.  

In this post I’m planning to talk about webcomics, I think is appropriate seeing that some of my friends think I should make one.

I have been reading a couple of webcomics for about 5 or 6 years, but last summer I became a webcomic junkie, and now I’m reading more than 30. I could read more but I think I have to work a little everyday, you know to pay the webcomic merchandise I bought, LOL.

I think all started when I was little and loved to read Garfield in the newspaper, it was a gateway to other comics like Calvin and Hobbes, Hägar the horrible (Olafo) and Blondie (Lorenzo y Pepita). So Internet came and all became digitized (yes looked this word out) and webcomics arrived, even our regular comics are now online, I now get my daily Garfield dosage without having to buy a newspaper or paying whatsoever, great right? It is great! But I used to get a little remorse of enjoying something so much and not help the creator to keep doing it, so now I spend a little of my money buying some of the webcomics merchandising, t-shirts and books mostly.

So which webcomic to review… I think that Sinfest deserves to be the first one.

“bally bally oh my golly!” Is what you get at the end of the website page. Tatsuya Ishida began Sinfest in January 2000 and 12 years later he keeps posting new strips almost every day, so yes there are a lot of strips, more than 4000 actually.  

Is hard to describe the plot of the webcomic but I think writing about its characters you can get a picture of the situation.  I think that the main characters are Slick and Monique. Slick is always trying to get women been cool and pimp like, but it does not work at all, he is quite clueless. Monique is IT girl or tries to be, she is trendy and cool, sometimes she is anti system, like going against “imperialism”, but doesn’t last much. Surrounding these guys there are many characters, we have God (who mocks everyone), the Devil (the biggest enterprise and souls owner), Buddha (always Zen),the Chinese dragon (very nice but don’t mess with him), Squigley (Slick’s best friend and a pot head), Criminy (always reading under a tree), Jesus (kicks ass), Percy (the cat), Pooch (the dog), the Master (owner of pooch and percy, and maybe Tatsuya Ishida himself), Li’l Evil (the Devil number one fan), Seymour (he almost belongs in the Spanish inquisition) and many others.

So if you would like to see God doing a puppet show and playing ball with his son, yes Jesus. If you like seeing a pig getting stoned and flying around on a sofa. If you laugh of the disgrace of the people in hell and don’t quite respect any religion… this is the webcomic for you.

Happy Holidays!!!!

(Picture by Tatsuya Ishida)


2 comments:

  1. Nice webcomic Sinfest is, indeed!

    I wish you have a nice Christmas too. Sadly, far away from the family :_( but close enough with people who really loves you ;)

    Don't call me a "Grammar Taliban" for this, please, but you should specify WHICH kind of WITCH are you talking about on the sentence:
    So witch webcomic to review…

    Jajaja... I think I have enough Wizards and Witches reading your Harry Potter books...

    Thanks for your post!! XXX

    ReplyDelete